DC Vote is an advocacy organization fighting to end DC’s civic inequality. Despite 86% of DC voters in 2016 voting for statehood, the denial of the full benefits of citizenship continues and the people of DC suffer the imposition of the will of various members of Congress on our local legislation. This position is a great opportunity for an aspiring individual with strong administrative skills who is interested in an activist career and in building the movement for DC to become a state.
Social Media & Online Content (80%):
- Create and post content on DC Vote’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Draft emails to communicate our mission, updates, and calls to action to DC Vote’s list.
- Develop long-term plans for developing DC Vote’s online presence.
Events Support (10%):
- Play key role with event logistics for lobby days on Capitol Hill, community festivals, and political events.
- Recruit and manage volunteer teams.
Administrative Tasks (10%):
- Handle front desk responsibilities, including answering phone calls and greeting visitors.
- Manage day-to-day administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned and as skills expand.
- Experience with creating content for social media platforms & writing emails.
- Relevant experience required (school, volunteer work, or paid employment all accepted).
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, including editing skills
- High School Diploma required. Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must be well organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively or autonomously.
- Familiarity with Microsoft computer applications.
- Familiarity with BlueUtopia and Phone2Action, or other CRMs preferred but not required.
- Washington DC residency is preferred, passion for equality for DC a must.
- Full-Time forty (40) hours per week position; generally 9:00 to 5:30 with ½ hour lunch break, note: position includes some weekend and evening hours
- Annual salary - $32,000 - $38,000 depending on experience
- Competitive Benefits including dental, vision, life, vacation, sick/personal and holiday time and employer-matched IRA
Please send your resume a one-page cover letter explaining why you want to work at DC Vote and why we should consider your application for this position, and samples of social media content you created and delivered, including their metrics. Send all materials to Bo Shuff, Executive Director, at email@example.com