DC Vote Marches August 28 to Reclaim The Dream of Full Democracy for DC
For more information contact: James Jones, Communications Director
202.462.6000 x12 office / 202.557.4864 mobile / email@example.com
August 26, 2010
This Saturday, August 28, DC Vote will join Al Sharpton's National Action Network in marching to 'Reclaim The Dream' on the anniversary of the March On Washington and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s 'I Have A Dream' speech.
We will march to reclaim the dream of full democracy and equality for all Americans, including DC residents who are still treated like
- What: Rally and march organized by National Action Network, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, DC Vote, National Urban League and others.
- When: Saturday, August 28, 2010
- Where: Dunbar High School football field, First & N Streets, NW
10:00 AM DC Vote on the Dunbar High School football field
to distribute rally signs and t-shirts.
11:00 AM Rally on the Dunbar High School football field.
1:00 PM DC Vote Directors available for media inverviews, followed by a march to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial. Click
here for the march route.
- Reverend Al Sharpton - President & Founder, National Action Network
- Martin Luther King III - President, Center for Nonviolent Social Change, Inc.
- Marc H. Morial - President & Chief Executive Officer, National Urban League
- Tom Joyner - The Tom Joyner Morning Show
- Melanie Campbell - Executive Director & CEO, National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
Leah Ramsay, Communications Manager
office: 202.462.6000 x12