DC Vote is a national community engagement and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening democracy and securing equality for all in the District of Columbia. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with strong administrative skills who is interested in activist work and in building the movement for DC to become a state.
- Performing support tasks to maintain the efficient clerical operations of DC Vote
- Executing content plans on DC Vote’s social media platforms, including Facebook, snapchat, twitter and email.
- Managing reception duties, welcoming and directing visitors to correct destination
- Assisting with the coordination of event logistics and volunteer recruitment
- Answering telephones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate staff members
- Maintaining general organizational calendars
- Managing all day-to-day administrative duties
- Recording donations for deposit.
- Other duties as assigned and as increased skills merit
- Experience with delivering content for social media platforms
- Washington DC residency preferred, passion for equality for DC a must
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- 1-2+ years related office experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, including editing skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated multitasking, time management and problem solving skills
- Experience working in team or collaborative environments
- Ability to work autonomously – self-starter with excellent initiative
- Friendly, outgoing, flexible and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Salesforce systems a plus.
- Familiarity with all Microsoft computer applications
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Full-Time forty (40) hours per week position; generally 9:00 to 5:30 with ½ hour lunch break, note: position includes some weekends and evening hours
- Annual Salary - $ 26,000-32,000
- Competitive Benefits including dental, vision, life, vacation, sick/personal and holiday time
Please send your resume with a one-page cover letter explaining why you want to work at DC Vote and why we should consider your application for this position. Also attach samples of social media content you created and delivered, including their metrics. Send all materials to Director of Advocacy, Bo Shuff, at: firstname.lastname@example.org